Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Honors History Blog #3

If I were to choose one program from the New Deal to help us in our recession I would choose the Civilian Conservation Corps program. President Franklin D. Roosevelt created this program in 1933. Civilian Conservation Corps was a program that sent 250,000 young men to work camps to perform reforestation and conservation tasks. This program removed the men from cities, provided healthy conditions for boys, and overall provided money for families. When I read about this program it made me think about the hard times we are in now and how we could use this to benefit us. If I were to reuse this program I would change a few things but keep the overall purpose the same. I would focus on teaching young men and women, while giving them jobs, more about the environment and ways that we can make differences. Maybe even give them jobs where that’s all they do, help try and make the world a more eco- friendly place. This program would then give citizens more jobs and also be improving our world. It could really save our economy, many family’s lives, and the Earth. This is why I chose the Civilian Conservation Corps program.

No comments:

Post a Comment