Thursday, April 14, 2011

Semester Two: Blog Nine

1.)

The first piece of propaganda I chose was Disney's anti-war propaganda. This was a video made during World War Two and was shown before movies in movie theaters in America. This video surprised me a lot because I had never known that Disney had created a video like this and showed it to people. It also surprised me that there were little subtle things in the video that caught my attention and made me see how strongly the Americans were pushing propaganda.

2.)


This was a World War Two propaganda film that was also created during World War Two. It was made to show Americans how horrible Hitler was and what we should be doing. The first thing that surprised me was at the very beginning and how it started out saying exactly what it was meant to do and how it was related to Hitler. There were also little things that caught my attention like on the little pigs door it said no "japs" allowed.

3.)

This is another video made by the Americans to prove how bad the opposing side was in World War Two. This was made to make people hate the opposite side of us in the war. There were many things that surprised me when I first saw this video. One the title is "Tokio Jokio", second everything in it is against Japan and is making fun of the Japanese people and briefly all the other countries against us, it was just a very racist video.

No comments:

Post a Comment