Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Semester Two: Blog 8

I Chose to Write About Symbolism:

When I read the book Maus for Humanities class many things stood out to me, one main thing was the symbolism within the book. Maus is a book about World War Two and the Holocaust. It’s a personal account and told through an old war victims experiences. The entire story is filled with symbolism, just like how the author made all of the Jewish people mice and all of the German Nazi’s cats. I feel that the author did this to make the story less graphic and difficult to read. I know personally it made looking at and reading about all of the horrific things the Nazi’s did less difficult. But overall this story was very interesting to me, because of how it was written and told. I liked how they made it like telling a story and gave you little breaks by bringing it back into the present. This gave all of the characters more personality and you see how they turned out in the end. By doing this it helped me get a full understanding about World War two and its after affects. It was also interesting to watch the fathers story unfold in the war and how he escaped, it kept me wanted to read more and more to find out what happened. But overall this story was filled with symbolism and was very interesting and enlightening to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment