Thursday, February 3, 2011

Semester Two: Blog 2

What have you read lately (say, since last semester), that you found interesting?
A piece of writing that I found interesting was a newspaper article in the St. Louis Post- Dispatch. It was an article titled St. Louis Zoo favorite for nearly two decades. It was an article written about a gorilla named Phil, he died in the St. Louis zoo recently, he had lived there since 1941. Something I found interesting about this article was all of the facts they decided to share with the public, like Phil's diet and what he loved to do, how long he was at the zoo, etc. This only made me love the gorilla more, just like everyone else who loved Phil and was very sad to see him die.

Why did it catch your attention?
The reason this article caught my attention is because Phil was the gorilla that my great uncle, a major founder of the St. Louis Zoo, had brought with him to the zoo. It was a famous story because my uncle believed that animals should not be caged in some small cage while traveling. So he famously let them ride in his car with him to the St. Louis zoo. This was a major part of my history, so I was interested in seeing how Phil's story ended. That is why I chose this as something interesting I've read recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment